Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Crazy Holidays!

What a busy holiday season we have had! I have been busy with work (as has Pookie, building a freelance business has a whole new set of stressors!), wrapped up my work travel for the year, celebrated Thanksgiving with a trip to Branson, drove to Hot Springs for an all-week Christmas celebration, and tonight we are heading down to Fort Worth for our annual NYE in FW trip :) What a time!

I am excited for the new year. There are lots of possibilities. My world certainly has been tossed around like a snow globe (to borrow a word picture from my mother). We've had a presidential election, economic woes that translated into more work for me, family hardships, not to mention weddings, engagements, births, pregnancies, anniversaries, birthdays, visits from faraway friends, weight loss, job changes, moving (twice!), and the list goes on. To sum it up: goodbye 2008!! 2009 can't get here fast enough.

But what's in store? I have no idea (though a few hopes and wishes are stored in the innermost recesses of my brain). But what I do know is that I will be ushering the new year in with good friends and (hopefully) a healthy amount of wine and Wii. I can't wait!

Celebrating Christmas with my husband and brother!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I enjoyed looking at and reading your blog. Glad you have had good holidays. We missed seeing you.