Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween is Almost Here!

I am really looking forward to Halloween this year. It's the first time in several years that I'm going to be able to go home for the holiday--and it will be Pookie's first time to experience Halloween with my family. We always have a fun time. Mom makes chili, invites over bunches of friends, and we decorate pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies and carve pumpkins. It's a lot of fun.

Holidays are definitely more fun with little kids in the family. I love being Aunt Lizzy! Miss J, Boo, and B definitely make the holidays a lot more fun--we get to see them all dressed up in the costumes and go with them trick-or-treating.

I love dressing up, too. Last year was my first Halloween with Pookie. It was a Thursday night, and I wanted to make it special. I went shopping and bought myself a wig and him a mustache and mask. I'm not so sure Pookie knew what to do with me--but he played along which is exactly what I needed him to do!


This year I'm not sure what to dress up as--any ideas?

No comments: